Terms of Service
By accessing the website at http://edcat.net ("edcat", the "Service"), owned and operated by Jan Steinbach, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
By using the edcat website, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of the TOS.
You must be at least 13 years of age to become a Member and use the Service. You must be at least 18 years old to purchase and sell items through the Service.
2. Use License
1. Edcat provides a Member with various content and communication services, including but not limited to the capability to post information and images to a web page and to share those materials through the Site with other Users. Some of these services will be free of charge, others may cost money or have other requirements. The requirements or fees for any service or option will be clearly explained and separately agreed to when a Member implements those options, if any. The Site also allows approved Members to suplpy their Content for our and our Users’ use in connection with the Service. In this Agreement we refer to all of this Content provided by Users as “User Content”.
Member must: provide all equipment, including a computer and modem, necessary to establish a connection to the World Wide Web; provide for own access to the World Wide Web and pay any telephone service fees associated with such access.
2.In order for us to make the User Content you contribute available on the Site for these purposes, and to operate, market and promote the Service, we need the right to make use of such User Content in accordance with and subject to this Agreement.
Therefore, by contributing User Content to the Site or creating it on the Site you automatically grant to us an irrevocable and perpetual (except as set forth in this Agreement), non-exclusive, transferable, fully-paid, royalty-free (except as expressly set forth in this Agreement), worldwide license, by ourselves or with others, to use, copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, print, publish, republish, excerpt (in whole or in part), reformat, translate, modify, revise and incorporate into other works, that User Content and any works derived from that User Content, in any form of media or expression, in the manner in which the Service from time to time permits User Content to be used, and to license or permit others to do so.
This license also grants us the right to sublicense that User Content to other Users to permit their use of that User Content in the manner in which the Service from time to time permits User Content to be used.
3. You own all intellectual property in your own original Content you contribute. You must not upload or contribute any Content not originally created by you, or any Content which is not properly licensed to you by someone else for uploading or contributing.
4. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on edcat's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on edcat's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by edcat at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on edcat's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. edcat makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, edcat does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall edcat or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on edcat's website, even if edcat or a edcat authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on edcat's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. edcat does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. edcat may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However edcat does not make any commitment to update the materials.
edcat has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by edcat of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
edcat may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Switzerland and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.