Centum Nec Plura II
Prose poem (nl, en) with fragments of satellite images. A first attempt at Tireragan, land of evil waves, a reserve on the Scottish Isle of Mull.
The Charles Nypels Lab was named after the Dutch typographer, publisher, printer and author Charles Nypels. In 1932, he published a private press edition of poems by Jan Engelsman titled Tuin van Eros. It was intended as the start of a private press series under the name Centum Nec Plura (“one hundred, and no more”; the logo CNP could also be taken to refer to the Charles Nypels Press). However, the book was to remain his only private press publication.
Now, 84 years later, the ambitions of Charles Nypels live on in the Lab that bears his name. The Van Eyck is producing and publishing a second book under the Centum Nec Plura imprint, similarly limited to 100 copies – and no more! Tireragan will be the first one! It is almost ready to launch.